Friday 20 November 2009

THING 15 - SWEATER BAG

What to do with wooly sweaters that you have shrunk in the wash accidentally....MAKE A BAG OUT OF EM!
I sewed up the bottom and cut the sleeves off to make the strap and sewed up the arm holes, but kind of left a bit of knitted look round the arm holes to show that it was once a sweater.. and I fringed the welt at the bottom of the sweater coz it just looked more funky than leaving it ribbed and knitted looking. The pom poms were already there. I used to love this sweater..and now I can wear it again, but in a whole new way! It dont half pick up cat hairs though. JEEZ!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sista you are rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mrs lady!! xx It is a bottomless bag though...I put things in it, and they disappear forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shrinking stuff! I have a pile of felted stuff to make stuff out of, don't seem to get around to actually making anything tho!

    http://blog.betzwhite.com/
    does lots of stuff with felted sweaters... much of it prob a bit twee for you urban chick, but some interesting ideas....

    ReplyDelete