Thursday 25 June 2009

THING 2 ..... June 26th ( slightly cheating)

Right, I have to admit, this 'thing' was made a few weeks ago, but I think it deserves to go on here, and as I'm going away this week, I wont be making anything this week, I shall be galavanting.
Ok so it used to be a drab wrap around skirt , the colour of faded poo...or should I say ' biscuit"?
I got it off ebay and wore it for a whole winter till I became sick of brown based outfits.
And I had this old Red or Dead denim jacket, with an amazing 'rainbow trout' effect where the weave technique of the indigo denim on the outside made the cotton all shiny and electric blue on the inside .. clever eh!. it had long past its days of being my fave denim jacket, but had some interesting detailing, like the buttons and the concertina foldy bits.. This jacket was crying out for its next reincarnation into something else funky for ages... and as I think that poo brown ( or biscuit brown ) and electric blue contrast really well together, this remix project had to happen. It took me a whole afternoon to decide how to chop up the jacket and rearrange it onto the skirt base, but in the end I think it works quite well - all assymetrical n' that!
I dont know what Wayne Hemingway would say about it.

1 comment:

  1. I've passed out, it's so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete