Monday 22 June 2009

THING 1 .... June 21st 2009

My mum gave me her old denim skirt to make a summer dress for the minx, so on the longest night of the year, and when the minx was asleep, I set to work - it was done by total guess work and guerilla measuring techniques ( sizing it up against a t shirt that fits her, and guessing the length!) The flowers are cut from an old pair of jeans that dont fit her any more but had cute applique on them, and she insisted on pockets which I had to add the next day. Luckily all the beading and seaming and hems and sparkly flowers were there already on the original denim skirt so all i had to do was sew up the two sides and remember to leave holes for arms. And the natural fraying of denim around the pockets and arm holes and neck / tie ups, will look cool as the dress ages and gets washed, so it will look better the more raggedy it becomes ( thats my excuse for not being a seamstress anyway!)

3 comments:

  1. Well done, who needs patterns eh?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog was my inspiration for this Miss Firestarter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe, shucks. muahhhhh!

    ReplyDelete